Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The check marks......

Christmas morning, I felt a huge sigh of relief that the holidays were almost over. I know that's not what I should be thinking or how I should be feeling on Christmas morning, but the truth is, I just couldn't wait for it to be over.

It became exhausting trying to avoid the holiday c​o​n​v​e​r​s​a​t​i​o​n​s and trying to be pleasant for others when really, I have been bitter, angry, sad and jealous. Yes, jealous. I'm jealous that so many get to celebrate their holiday with their whole family. I'm jealous that their biggest worries were what to buy or what to cook. I really just wanted to scream to so many people how lucky they are. But that's not fair to them that they've been blessed with healthy (and living fathers).

But, we have all made it through the first year of holidays, and we simply put a check mark on it, and wait for the next thing/holiday to come, so we can check it off..... it simply is only a check mark.

1 comment:

  1. This completely makes sense Heather.
    It isn't fair and I am sorry.
    :(

    ReplyDelete