Wednesday, March 9, 2011

didn't think it would be so hard

So this past weekend, I was able to head back to NE and witness the wedding of AshLea and Tate. I used to babysit/nanny for Ash and her younger siblings, so it was crazy to see how grown up she was and what a beautiful young woman she has become.

As soon as the doors opened and she began to walk down the isle with her father, the tears started and they would not stop. I am sure the older couple beside me were wondering what on earth was going on..... but it hit me right then and there, that I would never get that. I would never be able to hold my dads arm and walk down the isle at my wedding.

I know that my father will be there with me in spirit that day, but it is just another thing that I feel I have been robbed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment