Sunday, October 4, 2009

Been busy



I have been busy these past few weeks and have not had time to update. Here is what has been happening the past few weeks.
I finally got to go snuggle and meet my nephew ROWEN. He is such a snuggler and likes to be held and doesn't like to sleep very well.
( sorry the picture is blurry, I promise a clearer one soon :)


I went to TX for a work trip, where Memorial Hospital ( the hospital where I did Child life at, and is one of Colorado's busier Hospitals for donation ) won an award for donation, so I got to receive the award, and attend the rest of the conference. It was a good conference and I brought back some good ideas with me, that hopefully I can put into good use here. I met some new friends there as well from other hospitals and different organ groups. We got to stay in the Gaylord hotel ( which is a spin off from the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville. ) It was a super nice hotel, but I did not really get to explore much, as the conference kept us very busy. )
Here are a few pictures from the trip.







But my highlight of the trip was getting to meet up with Chris Klug who is the 2002 Winter bronze medalist in the Olympics for snow boarding. He received a liver transplant and came back just 11 weeks after transplant to begin training for this medal. He speaks at a lot of our functions, but I have only heard the name, and had never gotten to actually meet him. He and I got to share a few brief moments together and I was telling him about Shining Stars in Aspen ( which just happens to be his hometown ) and he agreed that if he was in the states he would come hang out with the kids for a few days.... Oh goodness, I cant wait to see the kids' reactions if he is able to come. I am praying now that he will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment