Friday, December 11, 2009

Where is the baby Jesus in the manger?

Well, an interesting story that I thought I should share with you all today.

I had to go visit one of the hospitals here in Springs for work, and while I was waiting for my co worker to show up, I walked over to a very beautiful nativity scene. I quickly noticed that Mary and Joseph were in the stable along with the animals, but no baby Jesus. This was bothersome to me, as I had thought someone had stole him. So, I walked up to the reception desk and the nice lady in her pink attire asked if she could help me.

So, I say to her,
" I was looking at the nativity scene and could not help but notice that baby Jesus was not there, did someone steal him?"

With a grin of all grins on her face, she looked up at me and said, " What is today's date?"

I thought to myself, what is she talking about, maybe he was broke and he was getting fixed and will be back on a certain day. But I looked at the calendar on the wall, and replied to her, " its the 10th", and to my surprise, she again smiled that big grin and said, " Well you have 14 more days til we can place him in the manger".

All I could do was shake my head. DUH!!!!!! but how interesting is that? Every other nativity scene already has Jesus in the manger, and the wisemen too. hummm..... Just something interesting that I have never thought about. HAVE YOU??

No comments:

Post a Comment